Georgia Commercial Truck Insurance: Your Premier Guide

Insurance coverage is paramount for commercial trucking businesses. Ensuring that your trucks are safeguarded against unforeseen circumstances can be the key to a successful and thriving operation. When operating in Georgia, there's a myriad of factors that can affect your insurance costs and coverages. We've curated a comprehensive guide to provide you with a detailed understanding of commercial truck insurance in Georgia.

Live in Georgia?


Overview Georgia Commercial Truck Insurance Quotes

Key Takeaways
  • The average cost for commercial truck insurance in Georgia sits at approximately $15,890.
  • Price ranges typically fluctuate between $12,406 and $17,705.
  • The cost dynamics vary based on cargo type, driving history, and the longevity of your business operation.
  • The average monthly payment for truck insurance in Georgia is $1,324.
  • Average 10-25% down payment is $1,589 - $3,972.

Why Choose Us: Receive up to three competitive quotes from Georgia's top insurance agents with our streamlined online form. Ensure you're receiving the best rates and coverage options available.

Essential Coverages Available

  • 1 Primary Liability Insurance
  • 2 Physical Damage Insurance
  • 3 Bobtail Insurance
  • 4 Specialized Insurance

Primary Liability Insurance

Georgia mandates specific liability insurance amounts based on cargo type and geographical operation:

Intrastate Truckers: A minimum coverage of $750,000 is required for general freight operations.

Interstate Truckers: Must adhere to FMCSA requirements, with coverage limits ranging between $750,000 and $1,000,000.

Physical Damage Insurance

This coverage safeguards your truck against damages from accidents, theft, and natural disasters.

Bobtail Insurance

Bobtail coverage protects your truck even when it's not hauling cargo, ensuring peace of mind during non-operation periods.

Specialized Insurance

For unique hauls, there are tailored insurance options available. Whether you transport livestock, hazardous materials, or any specialized cargo, rest assured there's an insurance package suited to your requirements.

Learn More Who are the leading Insurance Providers in Georgia?

A select group of major insurers, including Progressive, Berkshire, Canal, and Daily Underwriters Of America, dominate the market, penning approximately 84% of truck insurance policies in Georgia. The remaining 16% is catered for by other reliable carriers, offering businesses a wide variety of options for their specific needs.

Georgia Cheap Truck Insurnace

Get 3+ Georgia Truck Insurance Quotes When We Shop

Cheap truck insurance 3 quotes
Deep Dive into Georgia's Trucking Landscape

Georgia boasts a diverse and rich trucking landscape:

  • Georgia's Peaches: The state's iconic fruit necessitates specialized transport, especially during peak seasons.
  • Deep Water and River Ports: These hubs become critical for interstate and international trucking operations, necessitating specific insurance coverage considerations.

Leveraging these opportunities? Ensure your operations have optimized insurance to minimize risks and maximize returns.


Stay ahead with access to valuable resources:

Our vast network proudly serves major cities across Georgia, including Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, and Savannah.

truck insurance coverages

DISCLAIMER: All information is based on data from May 2023 to August 2023 and a sample of 30 trucking companies in Georgia. Rates and offers may vary. Please refer to our full disclaimer for more details.